About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Thursday, 20 November 2014

Gauche Alchemy, FEELING SKETCHY & Scrap Africa ~ November 2014

I've been looking at the Gauche Alchemy challenge for a few months....this month I couldn't resist, as it stars KLIMT, the artist. LOOOOVE his work! 
You needed to use 2 of the 3 elements. I chose the bold colours and graphic shapes, & used some freebie papers that came from a SBM mag - it's Basic Grey designed pp.
 Got those yummy triangles from the Crazy Monday shop.....& I know the colours are all over the show....but it seemed to work, so I went for it!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I really haven't caught up from our NZ holiday - but I want to scrap... so I find cards are a fabulous quick fix!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So, I joined in with FEELING SKETCHY:

I turned it clockwise 90 degrees:

Still using up chippy - A2Z Scraplets, embossed with silver then I added some alcohol ink in pink. I've stamped, distress inked & stenciled the bg paper...
...the butterflies I created using some Bostik glue, mixed with the glitter & left to dry before punching them out.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I had so much fun, that I kept going. I had a tag left over from a tag swap on Dress Forms through Scraps of Darkness [did too many!], so I created another one & joined in the
2 TAG challenge over at SCRAP AFRICA:
I went to town here - embossing, masking, glitter, rub ons....you name it, I reckon it's here!!! That little metal square buckle? Got it ages ago from the lovely Tania B.
A bit more gold slapped on roughly with a 3rd EYE stamp!
You can see tag #2 tucked in behind the top tag:) It also got a dose of stamping & distress ink to cover that original manila colour......
Are you still with me? LOL....I know, I know.....I should do less close ups...but I get excited about what I've done & want to share it!
Happy Scrapping ~ Blessings, Lizzy ♥♥♥

34 comments:

  1. I love the first card and I love Klimt!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards, Lizzy. I love them all. Looooovvvee the little dress form on the tag.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhhhhhh these are gorgeous! I love love love the colors and the stitching!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome cards, Lizzy! I can really see that you enjoyed making them. love how you mix colors, patterns and embellies. Thank you for playing with us at Scrap Africa.

    ReplyDelete
  5. sheesh where did my comment go??/ my brain must be fried.. left a comment and it isnt here?? so I will post this one and see if my first comment appears...

    ReplyDelete
  6. humm well I left you an amazing comment and it just disappeared.. poof!! gone!! I love your cards, each one looks wonderful.. Just a bit disappointed you didnt use the nudes in the mood board for Gauche for your inspiration!!hehe!! but seriously do love the shimmer in the 3rd card.. and love how you turned the sketch in the feeling sketchy one.. take care, and if you can slow down the daysssss!!!hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lizzy, every time I come here I am just constantly amazed by your genius. Seriously, you have more talent in your little pinky than I could ever hope to have. Your skill with texture, bold color, and vibrant patterns never ceases to amaze me. THANK YOU for constantly being a source of inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful cards, love them all! )))
    and thank you for playing along with us at Scrap Africa! )))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! So much technique, texture and colour. That gold looks amazing. Love the card! Thanks for playing at Scrap Africa.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm a big fan of Klimt too and the first card is a riot of colour and angles...bold and "out there" in the nicest possible way. Genius to turn the sketch on the side and the yummy embossing of the title. Then all the techniques on the tag card are fantastic. Especially love the soft dress trimmed with gold. Thanks for playing along at Scrap Africa :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely LUSH Lizzy! I'd love to play in that Guache Alchemy challenge!! And also the Prima card challenges up at the moment but am on a crazy scrap schedule ços I'm away all of next week at uni with my daughter packing up her 4 years of life there.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow my friend down under ..you have really been a busy lady since tou got back home.... So much fun and super cool art work in one blog post, I am speachless!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loving these clever cards!! fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely cards ! irst one my favourite, the mix n match of patterns n colors looks fab :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Still with you and enjoyed looking at each and every one of them. The glitter butterflies look great and I always love your splashes of gold. You have been very busy , they are all gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  16. Look at you. These cards are just amazing. Love them both. Different and fun. Thanks for joining us at FS too.. so glad to see your cards there.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the close ups. Honestly. I do enjoy taking in all the beautiful crafted details

    ReplyDelete
  18. absolutely gorgeous !!!
    all have a lovely style!
    Card of the dress is very worked!
    Thanks for playing with us at Scrap Africa!
    😉

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awesome card! Thanks so much for playing along with Gauche Alchemy! :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awesome! Love them all!Thank you for joining our challenge at Scrap Africa!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am with Lizzy C. where is the racy card with the nudes? Klimt does rock though as a jump off point and I am sure you will surprise us soon with something crazy! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Well, you are really rocking those challenges! Fabulous textures here...love the gold embossed and sparkly bits..you know I love shiny objects! *winks*

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gosh you were on a roll....they all look Amazing LIzzy...Well done. xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous cards! Love the retro/alchemy card.....LOL....and then the pinky dream one is a beaut...and the last one just gorgeous too! Loving your cards! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love the embossing in this Lizzy! Great take on the challenge & very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such fun cards! I love the pink rhinestones. Thank you for sharing and playing along with us at Scrap Africa!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Sorry meant to add Lizzy....thanks so much for playing along with us at Scrap Africa! xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful card, love the little butterflies and the stitching on your card ~ Michelle FS DT

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful cards! Love your take on the Feeling Sketch one - thanks for joining in the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wonderful dreamy work once again Lizzy...love that stitching.
    Thank you for playing along at Feeling Sketchy with us.
    Debi - FS Sketch Designer

    Your creations are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Lizzy wonderful projects! love the background on the last one ))) and thank you for playing along with us at Scrap Africa!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)